Digital Reporter – Jeff Bohen
About two weeks ago a Lower Makefield resident received a call from a person saying they were from the Social Security Administration and advised they needed to secure their funds, according to police.
$ 8,000 later, the resident was an actual victim, according to police.
Tonight Middletown Township, in conjunction with the Pennsylvania Attorney General’s Office is holding a scam prevention class as part of its Citizen Summer School Program.
Anyone can attend, its free and could potentially save you lots of grief.
The class begins at 6:00 p.m. in the Municipal Center located at 3 Municipal Way, Langorne, PA.
According to the township website topics will include:
- Identification of scam phone calls
- How to respond to a concerning call or solicitor
- Methods to protect your information from theft
- Township regulations on solicitors
These topics and more will be covered by both the Middletown Township Police Department and the Pennsylvania Office of the Attorney General.
- Free Seminar with Take-Home Information
- Light Refreshments Included
For questions, please call 215-750-3842 or email email@example.com