BREAKING —House fire in Croydon leaves family homeless


A single family home was destroyed by fire Sunday night in Croydon. One firefighter was taken to the hospital with burns.  The home located on the 400 block of Cedar Avenue, has left a family without a place to live. Fire companies from Bristol Twp. and Bristol Borough, along with Bensalem were called to the scene. The cause is being blamed on a faulty extension cord, according to officials. Parts of Cedar Avenue were closed to traffic

A collection for the family has been started via a GoFundMe page A list of specific clothes sizes and other items needed, along with the drop off point for those that might be able to help. Two cats were also killed in the blaze also, according to two sources on the ground.

The American Red Cross is helping to assist the family and identify resources needed.


Digital Reporter: Jeff Bohen Contributed to the Report