Update: Bristol High School ‘Break In & Vandalism Under Investigation’


Update:  Monday 2:50 p.m.

Bristol Borough Police Chief via E-mail said the following in response to questions about the incident at Bristol Borough High School.:

“We have interviewed several individuals and will continue to work with the school system as this is still an active investigation.”

On the morning of Monday May 13, reports began to circulate Bristol High School was broken into and vandalized.

Monday morning retiring Bristol Borough School District Superintendent Dr. Thomas F. Shaffer, confirmed Bristol Borough High School was in fact broken into and property was damaged.

“I really can’t comment since the police department is handling the investigation” Schaffer said initially.

Social Media posts appeared several weeks ago depicting, the then alleged vandalism.

A source within the school district structure, who asked not to be identified, said a window was broken, paint was sprayed on walls, floors, and outside doorways of the school and a parrot was found dead in the girls lockeroom.

“The staff at the school are disgusted” a second source said,, when sharing how school staff responded upon arriving at the school the morning after the “break in” occurred.

Shaffer said  the culprits of the incident were wearing masks to hide their identities.

Shaffer confirmed for this publication the hallways in the school and the surrounding area of the educational institution is monitored by video surveillance.

As graduation approached and passed, parents wondered aloud “if borough officials  are going to do anything now since

those kids walked in graduation” one parent offered.

A source with specific knowledge of the Bristol School Board inner workings said “parents are pissed. as well as other school board members and staff at the school, said the who asked not to be identified for fear of reprisals.

Attempts to reach School Board President Nunzio DeMarchis and Vice President/Treasurer  John D’Angelo were unsuccessful as of publication time.

As of press time Police Chief Steven Henry did not comment but was contacted by this reporter.

Estimates of the damaged at the Wilson Avenue school were not available school officials said.