by Alex Lloyd Gross
July 18 2022
Police are looking for a male on a bicycle wearing a NASA hoodie in the middle of July. this assault happened July 18, 2022 at the Broad Street Subway stop for Snyder Avenue. It happened just after 4:30 AM. The cowardly rapist used a gun to get what he wanted.
The female victim, in her 40’s was with her boyfriend at the time of the attack. The rapist pointed his gun at the boyfriend and made him watch the attack. Police called it a traumatic attack . The suspect was on a bicycle riding it around on the platform. he was least seen north on Broad Street, police said.
SEPTA issued a statement about the attack:
SEPTA knows that riders have concerns about safety and security on the system, and we are addressing them. We are working to increase the visibility of police officers on the system and are actively recruiting new candidates to the SEPTA Transit Police Department. Last month, SEPTA reached an agreement with the FOTP on salary increases for officers that will help with efforts to recruit and retain talented officers.
“In addition to traditional policing, SEPTA has added social workers to help connect members of the vulnerable population with housing and medical services. There are also new outreach specialists deployed on the Market-Frankford and Broad Street Lines to reinforce the rules for riding and serve as eyes and ears for SEPTA Police. When there is an incident on the system, police have access to video from more than 28,000 cameras to aid in investigations and identify offenders.”
- Suspect Description: Black male, mid 20 years-of-age, 5’6”, 160lbs, light brown or hazel eyes, wearing a grey NASA hooded sweatshirt, black pants, white sneakers, medical mask and was armed with a black handgun with a green slide and an extended magazine and was riding a bicycle.
- If you see this suspect do not approach, contact 911 immediately.
- To submit a tip via telephone, dial 215.686.TIPS (8477) or text a tip to 215.686.TIPS (8477).
- Use this electronic form to submit a tip anonymously.
- All tips will be confidential.
If you have any information about this crime or this suspect, please contact:
Special Victims Unit:
Det. Ruth #9232